Prepare for your new software
Through our installation and project management services, we utilize our extensive experience to design first-class solutions that fully address customer’s unique needs and challenges.
Before our Installation Engineers get to work, we meet with you to discuss installation prerequisites and a list of all tasks. Together we’ll plan estimated dates of completion for each task and we’ll send you copy of the project management document, so you’ll have all the critical steps you need to prepare for your new software. In addition to product installation and testing dates, this might include Windows server setup, a site readiness evaluation, or a discussion of database requirements. An Installation Engineer will then install and configure your software online and will test all basic functions applicable to the purchased product.
Get the skills you need
We offer a remote training workshop that provides your Systems Administrator with the skills needed to operate, maintain, and administer your Momentum Software modules.
- Configure your system to meet specific needs
- Set up the system to recognize and process new customer files
- Manage users on your system
- Use scheduling effectively
- Automate Windows applications and batch files
- Look up information in the help system and trouble-shoot error conditions, so that you’re prepared for anything
Maintain your system
Put our years of Managed File Transfer experience to work for you. To help you migrate a current installation of our software to a new version of Windows, we'll perform network analysis, installation, configuration and testing.
Enhance your product
Many feature enhancements to our products are based on customer requests. If an enhancement is deemed to be useful for other customers, we typically add it to a future release at no additional charge.
If an enhancement request is specific to your need and is significant in scope, we can provide custom development to suit your needs. An estimate for design, development, testing and documentation can be provided.
Security is a crucial aspect of Momentum File Transfer' solutions. Most if not all Momentum File Transfer' solutions allow for secure file transfers in four central areas:
- Encryption, which protects the file and its contents during transfers and while in storage
- Authentication, which makes a user prove their identity before granting access to transfers
In general, Momentum File Transfer' can reduce costs by simplifying systems, enhancing error detection and risk management, and providing a large scope of capabilities that support the consolidation of file transfer solutions. These functions serve to:
- Decrease time spent defining and configuring user accounts
- Reduce time spent determining how to remediate failed transfers
Our software supports the following protocols:
- FTP – The broadly used standard
- SSH – A secure network protocol used for transferring files over an unsecured network by using a client-server architecture
- FTPS – An extension of FTP that adds support for the Transport Layer Security (TLS) and the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) cryptographic protocols
- HTTPS – A secure network protocol, used for communications over the World Wide Web, which combines HTTP with SSL/TLS
Although our system can process tens of thousands of file transfers per day, we have seen the implementation of our software be cost effective for customers with as few as 20 transmissions/day.
Momentum File Transfer' solutions have client utilities that can be called from scripts. Scripting and programming interfaces can reduce the effort required to build secure automations that integrate into the broader workflows supported by your file transfers.
Yes! Momentum software can reduce the time it takes to transfer files through the following key features:
- Data compression is used to reduce the amount of data that is sent over networks when files are transferred
- Work steps can be re-used for each job file. Additionally, automatic application work steps such as PGP encryption can be re-used and customized, reducing work effort and time spent on transfers.
- The initiation of a file transfer is automated and alerts are sent when a file arrives and is processed, thus improving workflow and improving speed